Seniors and Law Enforcement Together –
Central and North Frontenac
Building Trust, Safety & Awareness
SALT’s Free Luncheon and Information Sessions.
The SALT committee holds two free information luncheons every other month on areas of interest and concern to seniors. The bi-monthly events will take place in each of Central and North Frontenac Townships, at various community halls. A hot lunch is provided to all guests followed by a presentation on a safety or service topic for that month.
Everyone is welcome. Reserve your space, now, for upcoming luncheons (see planned events here). Please contact SALT partner Connections Adult Learning by phone 613-279-2499, by email SALT@ncalc.ca or on Facebook
Notice Regarding Covid-19 Pandemic Restrictions: Due to Public Health recommendations, SALT will not be able to hold in-person events. Instead, we will be providing information sessions by Internet and toll-free telephone. Unfortunatekly, we will not be able to provide lunch, at this time.
What is SALT?.
A partnership of:
• Ontario Provincial Police
• North Frontenac Township
• Central Frontenac Township
• Rural Frontenac Community Services
• Royal Canadian Legion Sharbot Lake
• Connections Adult Learning
• Community members
To respect, educate and communicate with seniors in Central and North Frontenac Townships in partnership with the Frontenac OPP. The SALT team will act as a communication link between seniors and service providers, and increase awareness of services for seniors.
- To engage and build a trusting relationship between seniors and the Frontenac OPP
- To provide local leadership and strategic direction for the development and implementation of information sessions for seniors
Key SALT Responsibilities
• Increase awareness of available services for seniors in Central and North Frontenac
• Improve communication networks between the senior population and local service agencies, and the Frontenac OPP
• Develop and implement local information sessions to address areas of interest and concern to seniors
• Review and provide feedback from information sessions including ideas for future sessions
• Improve senior knowledge of crime prevention and safety
• Improve Frontenac OPP awareness of crime prevention needs of their senior population
• Identify topics of interest to seniors
Interested in volunteering with the SALT Committee?
SALT needs your help! We need volunteers to:
• Take part in planning future events
• Make suggestions for guest speakers
• Promote events
• Assist with set-up and clean-up of tables and meeting facilities
• Help with serving meals, coffee, tea and dessert
For the safety of our senior citizens, a Criminal Record Check will be required, annually, for all volunteers. (Forms are available from the OPP).
Talk to one of our executive committee members or call:
Frontenac OPP, Hartington, ON, Phone: 613-372-1932